Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 23, 2010

This is terrible!

Dear readers,
 I am so sorry that I have not been keeping up with my blog! But I want to, to improve on my writing skills and to keep my friends updated when there is so much to say!!!!

So, as you all know, or should already know - I've moved to Texas. Talk about shell shock. Culture change. The weather is different, the school systems are different, the people are different, the world is different here! But I'm slowly adjusting and trying to tread water, looking up towards the bright side. or so I say. I've been making short-term goals for myself to help me get through this mess, and so far I'm doing ok, I guess. 

But I've set a new goal:

Write a novel in the month of November. 50,000 words, 30 days. Coffee, imagination, pen/keyboard... I can do this!!! 

I've always wanted to be a writer, and I've had ideas in my head for a long time now, but since November is National Novel Writing Month, I've decided to take part and take action! I'm super excited, and I love writing - so this is so perfect for me! 
I'll give you snippets of my work, as I write more. People keep asking me about it, but all I can say is wait! =)

a list of my songs that I'm writing to? Sure, here you go!!!! :

Howl by Florence and the Machine
Run by Snowpatrol
Sundrenched World by Joshua Radin
Make This Go On Forever by Snowpatrol
Breathe Into Me by RED
Dance Dance by anberlin
Eyes On Fire by Blue Foundation
Never Think by Robert Pattinson
Delicate by Damien Rice
Yinin & Yangin by Victor Wooten
Volcano by Damien Rice
Little Wonders by Rob Thomas
Warm Whispers by Missy Higgins

and as I write and listen, I'll give you more on my song list! But music is my muse, definitely. I'd die without it. I've decided I want to be a writer with a background in music, so I'm gonna major in writing and minor in music!!!! =)

So, fellow people, expect to read more from me soon! Be excited! Lots of news!!! (=

always composing whether with music or pen,
Kristen ~
              
    

No comments:

Post a Comment