Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Vegetarian

So about a month ago, I made a very important decision.

I no longer feel the need to support the cruel killing of animals, and so I've become a vegetarian. It's not only better for the animals, but it's also better for the environment and my health personally.

I feel like I have more energy, actually. It's a wonderful feelings, and I cook my own meals every night, too. Many time I make them from scratch, coming up with recipes off the top of my head. Tonight I made myself some soup, and even my siblings admitted that it was really good. PLUS, I have leftovers!!

One of my favorite things? Italian food. I'm Italian, and so I embrace my heritage with an open mind - and an empty stomach. We Italians are known for our good cooking, and I'm extremely proud of that!

Though I'm not really a cook, I intend to get better. This is wonderful practice! I can make lots of vegetarian-friendly Italian dishes, such as pasta with sauce and mushrooms. add in some garlic, and you're good to go!

One of the sites I go to a lot for inspiration, is PETA, and I've found lots of great resources, articles, and recipes from there.

peta.org

Because, you know: The only difference between our animal companions and the animals we eat for food are how we treat them.

Whereas I'm not going to make my life goal speaking out for animals, I think that being vegetarian is enough for me. I'm not participating in the cruelty, and whereas I feel that I can blog about it and talk to people who ask, I don't want to make the friends and family I have feel guilty about something that they are choosing for themselves.
It's a personal choice, and I've made mine. I respect others, and I hope I'm extended the same courtesy.


Love to all, including the animals,

Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment