Total Pageviews

Monday, November 30, 2009

I feel heaven reaching out inside my soul....

Hello again!
I won't write daily, but seeing as I just started yesterday, I think that writing on my blog today will be just fine. :)
Just to give you a taste of my writing style, I'm going to post my poem and it's meaning. Enjoy!

SIR ARTHUR

Nimbly undoing the clasps,
the treasure beams forth.
I carefully lift out the baby,
my precious lullaby.

Jerking him upright,
the angel is silent.
I dress him with ease,
my perfect harmony.

Touching my lips to him,
the star he resembles bursts forth.
I set him down,
my stunning melody.

As I jail him yet again,
the thief strikes once more.
I restrain his brilliance,
my beautiful trumpet.



--------------------------


Meanings of lines:
"Nimbly undoing the clasps,
the treasure beams forth."
This is where I am opening my trumpet case and when I see my trumpet.

...

"Jerking him upright,
the angel is silent."
I have to jerk my trumpet around a lot, especially during marching season. Of course, during this time I am not playing it, so it is silent.

"I dress him with ease,
my perfect harmony."
It's easy to put together my trumpet - it only has two different pieces, the body and the mouthpiece.

"Touching my lips to him,
the star he resembles bursts forth."
This is when I put my lips to the mouthpiece and play music on it. "The star he resembles bursts forth" is talking about how when I play it, you can see and hear it's beauty.

"As I jail him yet again,
the thief strikes once more.
I restrain his brilliance..."
This is when, sadly, I have to put him back in his case. As I close the case and 'jail' him, he strikes again! What does this thief steal from me? My heart. Yes, my trumpet has indeed stolen my heart! I love him so!

Now, notice how I word things in my poem.

The first lines in all the stanzas:
"Nimbly undoing the clasps"
"Jerking him upright"
"Touching my lips to him"
"As I jail him yet again"
... I am doing something. I used verbs here to explain the action I was doing.

The second lines:
"the treasure beams forth"
"the angel is silent"
"the star he resembles bursts forth"
"the thief strikes once more"
... not only is my trumpet also doing an action (beaming forth, being silent, bursting forth, and striking once more), but I use metaphors to describe him (I call him a treasure, an angel, a star, and a thief).

The third lines:
"I carefully lift out the baby"
"I dress him with ease"
"I set him down"
"I restrain his brilliance"
... once again I am doing something. I used verbs here, and purposefully made them confusing. You don't figure out I'm talking about my trumpet until the last line in my poem. muhahaha.

The last lines:
"my precious lullaby"
"my perfect harmony"
"my stunning melody"
"my beautiful trumpet"
... I use musical terms here. I call him my lullaby, harmony, and melody, before I finally reveal that he is my trumpet.

ta-da! the end.


I write many different kinds of poems, and each poem of mine was spurred on by events in my life, emotions I'm feeling, or thoughts I'm having. I think deeply when I write. Okay, enough of my geeky-ness though. Movin' on...

So, I was in Starbucks the other day, and I was wondering: Where does caffeine come from? Like, there's caffeinated coffee, and decaf... does the decaf have caffeine taken out of it, or does the caffeinated coffee have caffeine added to it? That's just some food (haha... "food"...) for thought!

Well, I'll leave off with that. Just know - you're awesome. Jesus loves you.

Yours in Christ,
Elle Camino




No comments:

Post a Comment