Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 5, 2009

(Why I Believe) Being Gay is Not the Way

Here is one of my notes I posted on facebook that has generated a LOT of feedback, both positive AND negative. I stand firmly behind my beliefs and this note, and I'm sharing it with you all here. :) Please comment respectfully!

Blessed are those who have not seen, yet believed. John 20:29,
Elle Camino

This note is copyrighted by Kristen Camino. Just so you know: As soon as you write and publish your article as a visible written work, it is actually copyrighted immediately. This means that nobody can legally reproduce it without your consent. Any articles you wrote after 1977 are covered by automatic copyright protection that lasts for 70 years after you die.

As a Christian, I use the Bible for my morals, opinions, views, and beliefs. I follow the Bible to the best of my ability. I'm not trying to single out any sin, but I am writing about a sin I see becoming more popular and accepted in our society today. This is what I and many other Christians believe and follow. I'm not trying to be rude, mean, or offensive. But if I come off that way, then that's not my intention and there's nothing I can do to change how you've taken my words.

If you think that I am writing this note to get people mad at me and to not talk to me, then you are sadly mistaken. I am writing this note because I have been called to do so by God. You may close your eyes, ears, and heart, to the truth. But believe it or not, I am planting a seed in you that may one day be watered and eventually blossom. You have been exposed to the truth. You can choose to believe it or not, follow it or not, but one day, when you are at the gates of heaven, you will have no excuse for not listening. You have been told and warned, and now it is your decision whether you listen or not.
I know that you are mad at me. I know that some of you may never talk to me again. I may lose friends over this. I have lost some. However, I've also gained some. If 1 person out of 10 people who read this note is affected, even if the other 9 hate me, I still consider it a great success. But these are my personal opinions. Am I condemning any of you? No. Am I pointing fingers and making accusations? No. I am being polite and courteous, and I have written this note out of pure love. I am doing my duty, sharing God's word and living my role as a Christian. As a Christian, I have been called to tell you about Jesus and his ways. I have been called to extend love, grace, and acceptance. I will not be pushed over. I will not stop just because I am persecuted and put down. I will not be affected greatly if you decide you hate me. It's okay. I fully expect that. I understand. I realize that I may make you mad or offend you, but the truth is that I am not trying to. But am I going to stop? No, never. I am doing my duty, and I will serve my God faithfully until the end of my days. I am exposing you to the raw, dangerous, powerful Truth. Be prepared.


The Bible speaks out against homosexuality. You absolutely can not pick and choose what to take out of the bible. Either you believe all of it, or you honestly can't call yourself a Christian. Christians follow God's word and strive to be Christ-like. Christians stand up for their faith and are not afraid to stand out. To put it quite simple, the Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin. Let's take a look at what it says.


1. (1 Corinthians 6:9) Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

This is very clear. It defines homosexuality as a sin, and it is deemed as "wicked". You won't inherit the kingdom of God (heaven) if you do not repent from your sins. It does not mean that you can't sin, because that is impossible. But you are called to recognize and change your sinful ways. You are to strive to be Christ-like, and to follow Jesus, giving up all your earthly wants and passions.

2. (Genesis 19:4-5, 11-13, 24) Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom — both young and old — surrounded the house. [5] They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have SEX WITH THEM.” ... [11] Then [the messengers from God] struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door. [12] The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here — sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, [13] because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that HE has sent us to DESTROY it.” ... [24] Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah — from the LORD out of the heavens.

This is what it says:

1.The people of Sodom were said to be “SINNING GREATLY” because of their MEN having SEX with MEN.
2.Other sins of Sodom are listed in the Bible, but this is the sin that the Bible features as their greatest -the one that incurred God's anger against their city.
3. Bible-following Christians cannot just close their eyes and say that homosexuality is simply a “personal choice.”

3. (Romans 1:18, 24-28, 32) The WRATH OF GOD is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness.... [24] Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the DEGRADING of their bodies with one another. [25] They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator — who is forever praised. Amen. [26] Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for UNNATURAL ones. [27] In the same way the MEN ALSO ABANDONED NATURAL RELATIONS WITH WOMEN AND WERE INFLAMED WITH LUST FOR ONE ANOTHER. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their PERVERSION. [28] Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.... [32] Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

This says that God's Word defines husband-wife relations as “NATURAL relations” and homosexual relations as “UNNATURAL ones.”

4. (Matthew 19:4-5) “Haven’t you read,” [Jesus] replied, “that at the beginning the CREATOR ‘made them MALE AND FEMALE,’ [5] and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?

The intent is for a MAN AND A WOMAN to be together. No other way. Jesus says it quite bluntly here.

The Bible, as God's word, reveals God's moral character and shapes the morality, views, beliefs, and opinions of the Christian. There have been those who have used the Bible to support homosexuality, wrongly taken verses out of context and read into them interpretations that are not there. Quite simply, the Bible condemns homosexuality as a sin. Let's look at what it says.

Lev. 18:22: "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Lev. 20:13: "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

With such direct statements against homosexuality, it is difficult to see how people can say that the Bible supports it, or that God does not mind it. The truth is that God created man and woman, not man and man, or woman and woman. The Bible considers homosexuality to be a sin, as we have seen from the verses above. Unlike other sins, this sexual sin has a judgment administered by God Himself: He gives them over to their passions (Rom. 1:26-28). This means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sin. As a result, they can no longer see the wrongness of what they are doing, and are not open to the truth that others are trying to tell them. Without an awareness of their sinfulness, there will be no repentance. Without repentance, there will be no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there is no salvation. That means hell.
Harsh? Hardly. If you honestly thought someone was going to go to hell, would you stay silent?

Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love them or pray for them. Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be dealt with like other sins. It needs to be recognized and changed immediately. Christians should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same they would any other person that is sinful. You have to realize that Christians are not perfect either. We sin too. But we should treat homosexuals with the same respect and tolerance as we would anyone else because, like or not, they are God's children, such as we are. However, this does not mean that Christians should approve of their sin, or simple let it pass without speaking up against it.

Finally, with their hardened hearts, they seek to promote their lifestyle in society. Homosexuals are upset at us for disagreeing, yet they are the ones shoving it in our faces. In our world today, arguing against homosexuality is becoming more and more unpopular, and those that are fighting against it are being persecuted and cut down. Should a woman be allowed to marry another woman? Should a man be allowed to marry another man? Should they be given legal protection and special rights to practice their homosexuality? No, of course not. I am not saying that they do not deserve rights, because they are just like you and me, and deserve basic human rights. But no one should ever get the "right" to sin or go against the Bible.


I keep these two verses in minds when I am dealing with homosexuals:
1. "Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned, as it were, with salt, so that you may know how you should respond to each person," (Col. 4:5-6).
2. "But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith," (1 Tim. 1:5).


One thing everyone needs to realize is: Man has not been given the authority and power to define the nature of crime and sin. That authority belongs only to God. The reason God is the rightful One to define the nature of crime is because He is the Creator of everything. Therefore it is God who can best define what is evil. It is the Almighty God, the One to whom all mankind is responsible (Romans 3:19), who has defined homosexuality as a crime (Leviticus 18:22).
Homosexuals will always be regarded by God as "dogs" (Deuteronomy 23:18) who cannot enter His holy Kingdom while they are yet homosexuals (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). This is just like any other sin. We are separated from God because of our sin, but we are saved by Jesus, and that means we must repent and follow Him and Him only, trying our best to not give into sinful temptations.
It is a sin for us to turn their heads and comply with homosexuality, and it is also a crime to practice the act of being homosexual.

Some people use the excuse of "being born that way" to try to wrongly justify the actions and lifestyle of homosexuality. No one is "born" homosexual. You are either raised with those morals and beliefs, or you consciously choose that lifestyle yourself.

Should a woman be allowed to marry another woman? Should a man be allowed to marry another man? Should they be given legal protection and special rights to practice their homosexuality? No, they should not. This doesn't mean that they shouldn't have basic human rights, because they are just like you and me. They deserve to be treated as equals. We love them, just not their lifestyle, and as I have said before, "No one should get the 'right' to sin."

The Bible, of course, condemns homosexuality. It takes no leap of logic to discern that homosexual marriage is also condemned. But our society does not rely on the Bible for its moral truth. Instead, it sadly relies on a humanistic and relativistic moral base upon which it builds its ethical structure.

You have been told the TRUTH. Are you going to listen?

P.S. However, God is a forgiving God. There is nothing we can do that can separate us from His unfailing love. No matter how lost, bad, or broken we are, He rescues and redeems us through His son, Jesus. He forgives if we ask him truly with our hearts, and He just wants whats best for us. He loves us no matter what. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment