Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Composing

Writing is so relaxing, releasing, freeing, energizing, and beneficial - in my opinion. But hey, what can I say? I'm a Writer.


I think that one of the most amazing things to write to would have to be movie scores. My particular favorites are of (not in any order):
1. Remember Me
2. Transformers
and 
3. August Rush. 


Coffee is another essential item to writing, and I think that's psychological more than physical - but still very important!


The most distracting things? 
1. My family
2. The internet (including facebook!)


So I've learned to shut them off and tune them out. 


I'm over 32,000 words into my novel, and writing daily (now that I'm over my Writer's Block) has become a very important thing that I make myself do. I also make sure to keep track of how much I have written, and that's been very helpful in my goal-setting and focusing. I would be ashamed to announce how many words I have written today (though no less than 500!), so I won't - but I need to get onto it as soon as I'm done blogging here!


Here is my latest paragraph:


“I should probably take a look at that,” Iblis entered the kitchen, and I saw the people in the living room look all at one another, starting to murmur amongst themselves.


and I'm very proud of where my novel is going. When I write, it all just comes to me. No matter how much I try to plot it out, whether it be in my head or on paper, the best place where my novel comes is on the screen as I type it. I've had a couple epiphanies about some plot issues late at night, and I'm so thankful that I have something that allows me to clear my head and think - music.


On that note (haha, that was a pun, get it?), I just watched the most amazing movie - for the third time. august rush. Undoubtedly, it inspires me every time. The soundtrack is one of my most-listened to tracks on my iPod, and that movie has made me cry at least twice every time I've seen it. This movie is life-changing. Musical genius. Breathtaking. 


anyways, I've got a novel to write, and you've got some more important thing to do than listen to me ramble on. So go hug an elderly person, save a kitten, or get rid of that spider in your sister's hair.


arrivederci (that's Italian for goodbye!)


love love love always,


Elle~ \


mm coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment